Technology, Challenges and Effective Governance
Side Event, Co-Hosted by Future of Privacy Forum and IAF
DATE: 18 October 2016
TIME: 14.15 to 16.15
LOCATION: Roseraie Room, Conference Center of the Palmeraie Golf Palace
EVENT: 38th International Data Protection and Privacy Commissioners Conference
ADMISSION: To register for this event, contact us at email@example.com, or RSVP via our EventBrite page.
Computer and communications technology and process changes are accelerating at pace that literally challenges physics much less man-made law and regulation. Yet, people’s fundamental rights and freedoms must be protected without stopping the enhancement of human interests that comes from the smart ICT governance. This interactive session with forward looking enforcement leaders, policy leaders, and corporate officials will focus on how to assure effective governance when technology promise leaps beyond the imagination of law makers.
The Foundation and Future of Privacy Forum thank Intel Corporation for sponsoring this side event.
Moderators: Martin Abrams, Executive Director, IAF and John Verdi,Vice President of Policy, Future of Privacy Forum
Panel 1 – Updating Accountability and Ethics for the Digital Age
• Malcolm Crompton, Managing Director, Information Integrity Solutions
• Scott Taylor, Vice President Compliance, Privacy, Big Data, and Global Services, Merck
Panel 2 – Considerations for Responsible Data Use by Global Businesses
• Kalinda Raina, Head of Global Privacy, LinkedIn
• Hilary M. Wandall, General Counsel & Chief Data Governance Officer, TRUSTe
• Justin B. Weiss, Global Head of Data Privacy, Naspers
Panel 3 – The Future of Technology and Data Governance
• Patricia Kosseim, Senior General Counsel, Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
• Eduardo Bertoni, Director Nacional, Argentine Personal Data Protection Authority
• Julie Brill, Partner, Hogan Lovells
• Giovanni Buttarelli, European Data Protection Supervisor, European Union